Useful information (normative documents) necessary for a journey in Europe:
- Convention concernig International Carriage by Rail (COTIF) - click here
- Uniform Rules concerning the Contract of International Carriage of Passengers by Rail (CIV - Appendix A to the Convention COTIF) - click here
- Passenger Rights for railway transport services - click here
- Regulation (EC) No. 1371/2007 of the European Parliament and of the Council on railway passengers` rights and obligations -click here
- General Conditions of Carriage in International Transport - available from 3rd, December, 2009 - Edition 1 October 2016 - click here
- Useful information on refund of tickets and booking titles in international traffic – click here
- ’Request for refund in international traffic’ form – click here
- The request procedure of compensation in case of train delay in international traffic:
- Other useful information for an international travel - click here
Romania received derogation from applying Regulation no. 1371/2007, for national railway passenger transport, exemption stipulated GD 1476/25.11.2009 (Click here) and GD 1078/ 03.12.2014 (click here).
You want to travel abroad?
Since July, 19th, 2013 crossing the border is allowed by cumulative accomplishment of the legal conditions of the travel document (ID/passport) validity as follows:
- to be valid for a period of at least three months from the expected date of departure from the member states territory
- to be issued in the last10 years.
Fore more information visit the websites http://www.schengen.mira.gov.ro/ and http://www.politiadefrontiera.ro/