The deadline by which you can buy tickets, as compared to the departure time of the train, is set based on the location from where these are purchased, as follows:
- 3 - 5 minutes before the train departure from the railway station for day coaches and before closing the sale in the system for sleeping / berth cars, when purchasing the tickets from the departure stations;
- a certain set timeframe (which cannot be less than that referred to in the previous paragraph), depending on the location of the CFR travel agency as related to the departure station, when purchasing the tickets from the CFR travel agencies;
- 24 hours before the train’s departure from the boarding railway station, when purchasing tickets via automatic vending machines of the authorized distributors;
- 12 hours before the train’s departure from the boarding railway station, when purchasing tickets online;
- the sleeping/berth cars close for sales in the system 60 minutes before departure of the train from the departure railway station of sleeping/berth coach.
The maximum deadlines for selling the tickets in advance set out at points A, B, C and H may change at any time if operating conditions require it. The modification can be done for all passenger trains or specifically only for certain trains.
Changing of maximum deadlines for selling in advance will be brought to the travelers’ knowledge with at least 2 calendar days before the change is in effect, both through messages displayed on the ”CFR Călători” official website and via posters placed at all ticket issuing points.
In case of force majeure, the modification of the maximum deadlines for selling in advance can be made without prior notice, with a notification posted on the official website of “CFR Călători”.
For the electronically issued tickets, when requesting travel by successive trains (up to 4 trains) a single ticket is issued, with annex tickets (for all the trains along the route) provided that the departure time of the last chosen connection train is within a maximum range of 48 hours since the departure time from the departure station (the initial boarding passenger station). The minimum interval between the arrival time of a train and the departure time of the next connection train cannot be less than 5 minutes and cannot exceed 23 hours and 59 minutes. If travelling is requested for trains that do not fall under the above conditions (travelling made by more than 4 trains or the departure time of a train on the routewith more than 48 hours calculated since the departure time from the departure railway station, or the interval between 2 successive trains being more than 23 hours and 59 minutes) the route made by these trains will not be considered as a single journey, case in which different tickets will be issued.
When purchasing the tickets, you have the obligation of checking whether they correspond to your request. Any complaint is to be addressed immediately to the chief of the passenger railway station, to the chief of the CFR travel agency or to their replacing persons, otherwise complaints about discrepancies between your request and the travel details printed on the ticket shall not be allowed.