Rules for train travel ... for a civilized and safe journey
- During the train trip, the passengers are required to keep a valid traveling ticket. If not, they will be subject of the provisions of the law.
- Smoking is strictly prohibit in train according to Law. 349/2002 and is punishable by fine.
- In order to avoid accidents, the passengers are recommended attention at getting in/ getting off trains and crossing spaces between
- Ascending or descending into and out of the train after itsdeparture is strictly prohibited. SNTFC ” CFR Călători “ S.A. shall not be liable for any accidents resulting from an attempt to block the doors or getting in / getting off the train after its departure.
- During the train travel it is forbidden to block and open the access doors to get in / get off.
- When the train stops in station, the passengers getting off the train have priority over those getting in. The passengers are recommended attention at getting in /getting off the train in order to avoid accidents.
- For trains which are equipped with automatic doors systems, both those in between coaches and access doors to get in / get off the train, press the command button. There is a timing period during which no command should be made.
- During the train travel it is forbidden to lean on the getting in / getting off access doors.
- It is forbidden to stand in the gangways area which linking the wagons.
- During the journey, passengers are asked to supervise their luggage and children. SNTFC ”CFR Călători“ S.A. shall not be liable for any thefts or losses.
- On waiting the train, in order to avoid accidents, passengers are asked to stand at an large enough safety distance.
- So as not to interfere with confort conditions, passengers are asked to store luggage in specially designated spaces. Each traveler has, for his hand luggage, the space situated above the seat it occupies or an equivalent space in the storage box of coaches. The total mass of luggage allowed per seat occupied is 30 kg. Luggage storage on the aisle is prohibited.
- During the journey the household garbage or any waste shall be stored in specially designated boxes.
- During the journey, passengers are asked not to force opening and ensure the windows, not to use the switchboards or hand brakes.
- It is forbidden to throw objects of any kind on the window or car`s door and being a contravention (Government Decision no. 203/1994 as amended and supplemented).
- We recommend toilets to be used in accordance with a rule of conduct: „leave the cabin after use as you want to fiind it!”.
- Toilets from trains do not provide drinking water.
- It is prohibit to throw scraps, packaging, any objects in toilet bowl of ecological toilets (since there is a risk of blocking the exhaust system). Cleaning button acts only after closing the cover WC.
- It is prohibit to introduce any dangerous object in railway stations or in trains. If a suspicious object is found or abandoned, passengers are asked to notify urgently the CFR Călători staff, to move away from it and not to touch the object in question.
- Specific assistance services can provide free for the transport of persons with reduced mobility both to get in / get off the train, on board the passenger train, at the railway stations and for trains intended to this type of traffic. The requirement of these services must be made at least 48 hours prior to travel on the standard printed form available both at all railway stations and cf travel agencies and in digital format here .
- The travelers access on train with animals and birds is made in accordance with transport regulations. For further information click here.
- Access into the train with folding bicycles is allowed only in specially designed space for luggages situated above the seat or on the corridor provided that do not disturb other passengers, and with un-demountable bicycles click here.
- If a release of smoke is notified, the train staff presence will be required and their instructions shall be follwed.
- In case of any problems encountered during the journey by train, including those related to reserved seats, passengers are asked to contact the commercial staff identified by specific uniform and badge.
- Activating the train alarm signal without reason is prohibited and constitutes an offense; any abuse will be chastised.
- Destroying, damaging the equipment of coaches is considered an offence and shall be sanctioned under the law (Government Decision no. 203/1994 as amended and supplemented).
- Request the travelers`mercy or the practice of gambling is considered an offence and shall be sanctioned under the law (Government Decision no. 203/1994 as amended and supplemented).Passengers are asked not to encourage this behavior.
- Photographing and filming the train or in the train, for the commercial purpose, are not permitted without CFR administration's consent.
Right to complaint, information:
For information or concerns you may use ways,published in the contact page of the website, with the remark that,in accordance with the legal provisions in force,on the procedure of solving of complaints and free access to public information (Law no. 233/2002 and Law no. 544/2001 as amended and supplemented), the message shall have a decent content and to contain identification data of the petitioner (at least the name, surname and residence address).
Those applicants which have comments or complaints about the service provided by SNTFC „CFRCălători” S.A. shall be accompany messages together with a copy of travel tickets.
According to legal provisions already mentioned, the complaintsmust be formulatedin own name; it is recognized also the right of complaint to the organizations legally constituted.
According to legislation in force, those complaints that do not comply the legal provisions shall be field.
Traveler's phone (telverde):
At the telephone number 0800 88 44 44, information may be requested on any special problems that travelers encounter en route.
For claims, please use the written way. To this end you can contact the public relations offices or to use the form or addresses of the contact page of our website.
Information on timetables or rates shall not be transmitted via email and can be obtained both online on www.cfrcalatori.ro, as well as from the information offices at the railway stations or from travel agents.